e-Tax is an electronic platform through which taxpayers may submit returns as well as access tax information and forms online. This platform is a live feed into the SRA Revenue Management System (RMS).
All an e-Tax registered taxpayer needs is internet connectivity; and by accessing the SRA website link, the taxpayer is able to logon, file, submit and view returns, log queries and view statements.
This facility is being developed in phases to cover all tax types administered by SRA; the first phase allows VAT Return filing, submission of PAYE monthly declarations, viewing of returns and submission of an enquiry, only. The platform is scheduled for full development by March 2014.
Benefits of e-Tax
- More efficient administration – input by taxpayers is direct into the SRA RMS therefore minimizing the number of input errors, and results is shortened processing cycle.
- This platform will assist by ensuring that the tax computation per return is correct;
- It is a paperless platform, with submissions being instant and reliable;
- e-Tax is conveniently available for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, therefore making compliance and meeting of deadlines easier for taxpayer.
- Taxpayers can check the date and time of submission.
- Able to view a full history of ALL return submissions for all tax types.
Once e-Tax is fully rolled-out (by March 2014), information on actions on a return, taxes due, the status of a return and any other relevant information will be conveniently available.
Registration for e-Tax
It is important to indicate for which tax type the platform will be used and whether different sets of login details will be required for each function.
i. A letter from the applying organization giving authority to the appointed user;
ii. A certified copy of the appointed user’s I.D.
On registration, a USERNAME and PASSWORD will be issued to the taxpayer for use when logging-in to the system (Please expect a waiting period of at most 7 working days after submission of the application form and the necessary attachments)
Once registered, taxpayers can access e-Tax and enjoy convenient compliance.
Further to workshops that the SRA will run across the country, the following services are available for technical support on e-Tax.
- i. There is a video tutorial which provides step-by-step instructions on how to complete and submit a return. This will include help on how to submit enquiries online. The video will be further developed as the e-Tax’ scope is broadened.
- ii. The SRA Contact Centre will be able to assist taxpayers who may decide to call or e-mail for assistance.
The SRA will ensure that your information is electronically encrypted using the most secure and stable technology.
For more information; please contact the SRA Contact Centre at
or visit an SRA Service Centre or Tax Office near you.