Board and Corporate Governance
The Board and Corporate Governance
The Board has 8 members.
4 are appointed by the Minister of Finance and 4 are ex officio:
- Mr Ambrose Dlamini (Chairman)
- Mr S’thofeni Ginindza (Vice Chairman)
- Mr Mhlabuhlangene P Dlamini
- Principal Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Principal Secretary, Ministry of Commerce
- Governor, Central Bank
- SRA Commissioner General
The Board has established three sub committees (each with their own charter) covering:
- HR and Ethics
- Finance and Tenders
Each report to the Board at their quarterly meetings.
The SRA Management have also put in place a committee structure with the two most senior Committees being:
- EXCOM – the Executive Committee which meets monthly to provide overall senior management strategic direction;
- OPCOM – the Operations Committee which meets weekly to deal with matters concerning Tax and Customs operations.
Each has a number of subcommittees that consider specific responsibility areas.
The SRA has an Internal Audit Division who conduct risk based systems audits against an agreed audit plan.
The SRA also has an external audit by:
- The Auditor General for tax etc. revenues collected by the SRA;
- An external audit company for SRA expenditures